- Once the upgrade is over, server cannot be rolled back to Dynamics CRM 2011.
- Upgrade from CRM 2011 to Dyamics CRM 2013 is supported from either RU6 or RU14. Recommended is to upgrade all deployments to RU14 before upgrading to Dynamics CRM 2013.
MIGRATION UPGRADE (Recommended)
Some basic steps which need to be completed prior to upgrading to Dynamics CRM 2013.
- This is because the upgrade process cannot upgrade the CRM Connector for SQL Server Reporting Services
- In case, if the connector is not uninstalled and you start your upgrade process, an error message will be displayed
- After uninstalling the connector, the system needs to be restarted
- Obtain the Dynamics CRM2013 product key as this is a mandatory requirement as with all Microsoft products
MIGRATION PROCESS FOR DYNAMICS CRM 2013
- UR6 organizations will have this version number: 05.00.9690.1992
- UR14 organizations will have this version number: 05.00.9690.3557
7. In new CRM 2013 server, open deployment manager and choose Import Organization by pointing to the restored organization database
- This process will first import the Organization and then upgrade the CRM 2011 organization to CRM 2013
8. Once the import process completes, go to the imported organization and check whether the environment works as expected
How did we learn all this?
We created a niche multi-dimensional Dynamics CRM Sales Solution in Dynamics CRM 2013