Hello, Recently we had requirement from our existing client to display autosuggest option in vTiger global search with the facility to manage specific to the module.
Global Search management from Settings
- Skilled Team at Variance InfoTech created one screen in admin to setting the global search
- Global search has been manage based on sort order, fields needs to display on search result and no. of rows needs to display per module under global search.
- There is also active / inactive facility against the module where you can hide the display of autosuggest specific to modules.
Global search management from settings screen.
Global Search Display at User area
- In vTiger global search area we added code to display auto suggest search based on the global search settings from the administration.
- Auto suggests display only that module which is active from the settings.
- Search list display based on sort order, field value and number of rows set for the each module.